Skip to main content

Tools update - Info Editor

Earlier today, I decided to go a different direction with the idea of a 'journal editor,' instead splitting its functionality across a myriad of other application-appropriate editors.  For example, journal entries about characters go in the Character Editor, quest entries go in the Quest Editor, etc..  I haven't actually implemented any of this, of course, but I'll get around to it.

That being said, there were a few categories which didn't quite fit anywhere else.  To address this, I went ahead and made an 'Info editor.'  That doesn't seem like a particularly good name for it, but I can't think of anything better so I guess that's that.

Thankfully, the type of data being messed with is all very similar; identical actually, except for its parent category.  This means the editor was dead easy to write compared to basically everything else I've done.  Only about a 1000 lines of code, and I bet a more competent programmer could probably squeeze it into half that.

Anyway, enough jawing.  Here's a screenshot:



Like I said, simple.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WIP 3: Finished and named (Orval Creep n' Hammer)

It took a while, but the game's finally finished. I present to you:   Orval Creep n' Hammer . Alright, so I'm not great with names.  Believe it or not this is the best iteration that myself and three other people could come up with. Features: Stars four women Multiple animated sex scenes Wood paneling There are currently a couple of known issues, both particular to the GNU/Linux version.  Basically, typos that I forgot to correct before uploading the files.  Oops.  ðŸ˜¢ It's a simple enough game, give it a download and try it out (approx. 700mb). Links: Game manual (PDF) Win32 mega.nz Google Drive GNU/Linux x86_64 mega.nz Google Drive Screenshots Spycam watching Alyson bathe Laptop's store page Madeline doing you a favor l33t She doesn't remember you!?  The insolence.

WIP 3: Very close

I've got most stuff nailed down by this point.  Currently working on 'post-production', i.e., seeing which filters are the best at making my stuff look less crappy. Probably a few more days of this, then a few minor changes to the code, then the last-minute stuff and an initial release.  I'm planning on a simultaneous Linux / Windows release, with Android to come at some point in the future assuming it isn't too much of a pain in the ass to port. Obligatory picture:

Tools Update - Sex Editor done (ish)

Well!  That was certainly a much bigger pain in the ass than I thought it would be. Only a couple more editors and then I can start on the content itself.